Friday, June 26, 2009

A tribute to Michael Jackson

I have always thought Michael Jackson was a musical genius. He had lots of influence on many musical artists through out the years.
My personal favorite of Michael Jackson's songs is "Billie Jean". Tried to "moonwalk" a couple of times and made a fool of myself!
I also like Smooth Criminal and Dirty Diana.

Her are his # 1 hits:
1979 - "Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough" (One week at #1)
1979 - "Rock With You" (Four weeks at #1)
1983 - "Billie Jean" (Seven weeks at #1)
1983 - "Beat It!" (Three weeks at #1)
1983 - "Say Say Say" with Paul McCartney (Six weeks at #1)
1987 - "Bad" (Two weeks at #1)
1987 - "The Way You Make Me Feel" (One week at #1)
1988 - "Man In the Mirror" (Two weeks at #1)
1991 - "Black Or White" (Seven weeks at #1)
1995 - "You Are Not Alone" (One week at #1)

To follow the success of Off the Wall, Michael Jackson and Quincy Jones headed into the studio with a $750,000 budget. They came out with Michael Jackson's first #1 album and what became ultimately the bestelling album of all time. Thriller spent 37 weeks at the top of the US album chart and generated an unheard of seven top 10 pop singles. It remains a true landmark in pop music history!

Quotes of famous people about Michael Jackson:
“Oh, God! That boy moves in a very exceptional way. That’s the greatest dancer of the century”. - Fred Astaire
“I didn’t want to leave this world without knowing who my descendant was. Thank you Michael!”- Fred Astaire (shortly before his death)
“The only male singer who I’ve seen besides myself and who’s better than me – that is Michael Jackson.” – Frank Sinatra

No comments:

Post a Comment

Turbo Tagger