Friday, March 27, 2009

Featured Group

The band's leader production techniques proved revolutionary and brilliant. This group helped advance and personalize rock and roll songwriting, created two of the biggest landmarks in pop history, helped influence their peers in the Sixties pop scene tremendously and introduced harmonies which were a major influence on pop and rock. One of the early names of the band was Kenny and the Cadets. The group had 4 number 1 hits and 13 top 10 albums. Some of their songs have been covered by David Lee Roth, Art Garfunkel, The Everly Brothers, Neil Diamond, David Bowie, Andy Williams and The Cowsills.

2 comments:

  1. It's raining here all day so I thought I would check out to find some cool blogs about music of the 60's. Gonna light the fireplace and put on some rock and roll! I don't know the answer to the featured band, but they have to be awesome to inspire so many people and peers. Can't wait til I find out the answer. In the meantime I will start off with Jimi Hendrix and the Doors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thought I would check this out as I wanted to think about what group this was. I was really heavy into Psychedelic music at the time. That and protest songs. Lived in the midwest at the time so I didn't care about surf music.

    ReplyDelete

Turbo Tagger