Monday, March 16, 2009

60's Tunes and Trivia music-related web site!

I was doing research for my blog on 60’s tunes and trivia to start adding articles about featured artists, music history, the best of the 60's tunes, top songs for each year of the 60's, etc. I want to add 60’s trivia since it always interesting. And, of course, the 60’s tunes is what I grew up listening to. I found this site quite by accident and was glad I did. Just the Top Lists they have is unbelievable! Just as an example, Top songs of the year for 1950-2008, 100 Greatest Girl Group Songs, 100 Greatest 60's Rock Songs, Top 100 Love Songs and too many more to count! Just reading through all the lists brings back fond memories of the 60's for me. It was certainly a time for fun and during the summer in Southern California, my friends and I used to go to the beach many times a week. I remember Venice Beach, Zuma Beach and Leo Carillo Beach. Leo Carillo is best known for the tv series The Cisco Kid. The site also sells ringtones for many 60's tunes. Check it out yourself. You will be pleasantly surprised as to what they offer. http://www.nutsie.com/

3 comments:

  1. Boy are you right. Have never seen a more extensive music site. I have always been interested in 1-hit wonders and see where they are now. It makes me wonder why the artist or group never could follow up with another hit or chart topper. We can't all be lucky I guess. I am going to check out the girl groups for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I like the 60's music store. There are artists that I have forgotten about. Will see what I can buy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I checked out http://www.nutsie.com/. You are right! There are so many categories. I was searching for a particular song for 1968 and I could not remember the singer. I found it - # 41, La-La (Means I Love You) by the Delfonics. Of course I had to buy it. Thanks for recommending this site.

    ReplyDelete

Turbo Tagger